I do admire Autodesk’s work in porting Maya from its old (XForms-based?) interface to Qt. The transition is almost seamless, except for a few annoying UI bugs. These are minor bugs requiring a keystroke or two to work around, but many are in the “critical path” for working animators, so they seriously hurt usability.
- the script editor button does nothing
- focus does not return to original window after pressing “Enter” on numeric keyframe time/value fields
- same issue for channel box fields
- A/F “focus selected”/”focus all” keys randomly fail to work
- import “resolve only clashing nodes” option does not work
- play/stop toggle key occasionally fails to work, or waits several frames before taking effect
- pop-up dialogs cannot be dismissed with “Enter” key unless first clicked to set focus (despite looking like they are focused)